Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sigh, another day, another stalker, or Ann Somerville needs love

The first time I was stalked online by social justice warriors was in 2009, when Micole Sudberg, Mary Dell, and Julia Starkey when hunting through the internet to create Will Shetterly: DO NOT ENGAGE. It baffled me then: why would anyone go to so much trouble to cherrypick quotes to misrepresent someone? But I came to realize that's what social justice warriors do. It's not that they intend to lie. It's that they're incapable of nuance, so either you're one of the saved or one of the damned.

Now Ann Somerville has written Will Shetterly – the Mixoning. I think she's feeling neglected. She's a minor figure in the history of fandom's fails. I've mentioned her a few times:

Ann Somerville, SJW

oh noes! Ann Somerville is cyberstalking me!

Alas, I must blog again, thanks to Ann Somerville: More about doxxing, or, That was quick!

My understanding is she's a rich Australian with bipolar disorder who has gone out of her way to dox at least one person, but I could be wrong, of course. If she's addressed that, please mention it in the comments. I haven't read her "Mixoning" yet, so I may respond to it later. For now, the simplest response to any SJW fantasy about my life is A short autobiography by Will Shetterly.

Gandhi said, "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." I suppose I should be flattered that they think I'm a threat, yet I'm no more a threat to them than a critic of Scientology is to L. Ron Hubbard's very profitable cult. I've always been the sort of idiot who thinks facts matter, and really, humans are just rationalizing animals. If SJWs truly wanted to make a better world, they would go offline and work to improve the lot of the poor. Instead, they rail at people like me who dare point at the limits of their conception. To believers, making converts and punishing heretics is all that matters, so all I can do now is sigh yet again.

I do wonder why people like Somerville want me to keep responding to them. If they would take their original advice and ignore me, this blog would be thick with cobwebs.

Well. Dear reader, I hope you're having a fine day, and if you want to make a better world, working for Universal Basic Income would be a nice way to start.