Friday, October 24, 2014

Jack Thompson's tits, possibly my last word on GamerGate

I've been much too active in the discussion at Oh, Jesus Fuck, Now I Have To Talk About #Gamergate | The Dream Café, but it did help me hone my thoughts. For anyone who doesn't want to wade through the whole thing, this was probably the only thing I needed to say: "Really, did gamers hate Jack Thompson because he had boobs?"

I continue to be unsurprised that the warriors ignore the misdeeds on their side. Four women and a black guy who have been doxxed and harassed by anti-gamers got together to make From GamerGate to UNICEF | Indiegogo. They've passed their goal of a $1000. As for the notion that gamers support bullying, they've raised over $16,500 for PACER Center National Bullying Prevention GamerGate Charity | Lo Ping's Fundraiser on CrowdRise.