Thursday, January 10, 2013

Is A Cracked Moon (aka RequiresHate) Kynn Bartlett?

I entered some of Kynn's LJ into this Reading Level Analysis tool. The result:
Flesch-Kincaid (FK) Score: 14.7
Flesch Reading Ease (FRE) Score: 42
Average Words per Sentence: 29.3
Average Syllables per Word: 1.6
Then I entered some of Cracked's blog:
Flesch-Kincaid (FK) Score: 13.3
Flesch Reading Ease (FRE) Score: 45
Average Words per Sentence: 25.7
Average Syllables per Word: 1.6
And then, for comparison's sake, some text from my blog:
Flesch-Kincaid (FK) Score: 11.4
Flesch Reading Ease (FRE) Score: 45
Average Words per Sentence: 17.7
Average Syllables per Word: 1.7
Now let me put in a pre-emptive strike: similarity does not imply identity. Kynn and Cracked may write similarly because they come from similar backgrounds; both Kynn and Cracked are privileged folks in the traditional sense of the word. The most likely explanation for their scores is they're both Social Justice Warriors. Members of cults often sound alike.

Comparing my results with theirs is interesting for me: The FK Score suggests I write for 11th-grade readers and they write for college kids. That's probably because I hate academic-speech as much as I hate corporate-speech. The biggest difference between us seems to be in the average number of words per sentence. I suspect ranters hate periods.